Monday 1 December 2014

My Rough Week

Today is my 5th day since I got chicken pox... I'm officially on medical leave for 1 week and I'm enjoying my quarantine period at home. I'm taking this situation as the cooling off period for myself and my boss. I hope things will get better once I come back to work.

It was quite a rough week before I got to know that I got this virus..  It was started on last Tuesday where I accidentally criticize my boss on his attitude and I didn't realize that he was in that particular group chat. I don't know how to describe my feeling when I have to see him and face the damage that I had done.

When I met him, I took that moment as an opportunity for me to voice out my dissatisfaction on his attitude. I just be frank towards him. It was not only me that are not happy with his attitude, but almost 80% of his staff has the same feeling.. As usual, he don't agree with me and he started to show his authority as a boss. I just let him be.. hehe :p

After a few minutes of session with him, I managed to dig on something where I was quite shock when I got to know that all these while he don't even recognize and acknowledge my contributions. He said I was not visible enough to him and he don't see what I have done. You know how it feels like..

I'm taking it as something positive and try to improvise myself. I do realize that I have to learn to be more outspoken and show off if I want to be visible to the bosses and get the opportunity for career enhancement.

I was a bit sad in a way, as all my contributions and hard work are thrown down the drain.. even I am not a yes man person but I know what I am doing and I do my job with full of passion. Because I enjoy doing my job and I love my job. Unfortunately being someone on the backend is always been treated as less important and it's hard to move forward.

As I said, I have to take it positively and move on.. I took his challenge and I'll prove that I'll be someone better than he ever though I can be. I know that I have burned the bridge in between myself and my boss. I tried to patch up things just for the sake of making myself comfortable to work with him.

I don't feel that I have to leave the company because of that, I don't want to give up just because of that. I will still endure this journey and I know that as an employee I have the right to voice out and tell the truth. Boss is not always right and everyone has weaknesses. I admit my weaknesses and I'm trying to improve it..

For now, I just enjoy myself at home and really taking this chance to rejuvenate myself and rebuild my positive feeling towards my job. I have target in my life and I won't let it down. I understand that life is full of challenges and obstacles and that actually makes life meaningful .. 




No comments:

Post a Comment